Mission / Vision Document
The Directorate of Economics and Statistics (DES), an attached office of the Department of Agriculture, Cooperation and Farmers Welfare (DAC&FW), collects, disseminates and publishes statistics on diverse facets of agriculture and related sectors required for policy formulation by the Government. DES is also providing in-depth economic analysis on different facet of agriculture sector. To uphold continuing commitment, DES will:
- Report the facts on Indian agriculture, as needed by stakeholders.
- Provide objective and unbiased statistics on a pre-announced schedule that is fair and impartial to all stakeholders.
- Conduct the Census of agriculture, providing the only source of consistent, comparable, and detailed agricultural data.
- Make available economic analysis on farm sector.
- Trust:- DES will continue the relationship of mutual respect and pledge of confidentiality with our respondents who provide agricultural data.
- Credibility:- DES will maintain credibility with data users by issuing complete and accurate statistical information about agriculture.
- Objectivity:- ESA will produce and disseminate statistical information on an equitable and transparent basis so that the public understands that the data are objective and impartial.
- Relevance:- will remain knowledgeable about the issues and requirements of the agriculture sector, public policy, and will remain able to provide objective, accurate, and timely information relevant to concerned.
Last updated : 05-10-2021, 01:45 PM